Sunday, August 8, 2010

Trying to juggle work, school, and taking care of my Father

I am learning that trying to go back to school while working and takin care of my dying Father is not such an easy task.  Actually he is my stepfather but he has been in my life since I was 12 years old.  I am now 46 soon to be 47 on August 16th.  He feels just like my real father.  The sad part about it is that he has 4 children by blood and three of them will not help me out.  The one that does help me, bless his heart, lives about 3 hours away and he cannot come everyday.  That I can understand.  Even if my Father had a falling out with the other 3 children, now is not the time to let that get in the way.  We have Hospice coming in everyday to check on him.  He has prostate cancer and severe COPD. I am sure that God will give me the strength to make it through.  I would like to wish all my classmates the very best during their time at Kaplan.

1 comment:

  1. Pam,

    I am sorry to hear about what you are going through. But I am sure that you are a strong woman and you can make it through this all of this. It is sad that you aren't getting more help and support though. I wish you and your family the best.

    Tarah

    ReplyDelete